Sunday 29 August 2010

Vintage Bear




Hello All! Well, it's typical Bank Holiday weather here in North Wales - raining one minute then sunny the next! I've been having a little play with my crafty stash and decided to work on a pack of Forever Friend's Decoupage that I bought a couple of weeks ago - I thought that the images would be ideal for baby cards as I know a few people who will be having babies shortly. In the pack was an image of a bear in a car so I set myself the challenge of making it more 'manly' if that is possible and although I'm not sure if Forever Friends has ever 'gone vintage' I decided to give it a whirl and enter it in the monthly challenge over at Bunny Zoes Monthly Craft Challenge - if you fancy taking part in the vintage challenge you have until the 12th Sept to enter.


I used a cream DL card and distressed the edges with Scattered Straw. I then took a piece of paper that was in the pack and gave that the Scattered Straw and Walnut Stain treatment too! before layering it on some inked card. On a piece of red card I lightly stamped some images of vintage cars (unfortunately you can't see these as much on the picture as you can in real life) and edged that in Walnut Stain too. I layered up my papers and image and added some cream ribbon - again Walnut Stained - and distressed a little sentiment before adding some Distress Crackle Accents Rock Candy for an aged look. I couldn't help adding a few brown gems for a bit of vinatge bling. This is what I would call 'gentle distressing' as I could have done a lot more 'roughing up' of the edges but I know the person I am sending this too would appreciate it this way.

Anyway, hope you like my take on these Forever Friend's decoupage. I would also like to enter it into Dutch Dare Card Challenges which is for 'Vintage Summer'.

Enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday!

Karen x

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute card! Love the colors and that vintage bear! It's perfect. Thank you for joining us at DDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, great job! Thanks for playing along with us at DDCC!

    ReplyDelete