Wednesday 15 September 2010

Celebration Preparations!


Afternoon All!
Here is my entry for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. It's their second anniversary this week so they have a brilliant 'celebratory sketch' challenge and a whole host of fab goodies for one lucky crafter to win on their blog hop!
I've rotated the sketch 90 degrees to fit my oblong image in. The papers are Anna Griffin - I love the traditional muted reds and greens and tried to colour my mice and gerbil to match using a mixture of promarkers and sakura pens for a bit of subtle sparkle. I left the wires on the little flowers - which I thought looked a little bit like mini poinsettias - and coiled the wires to look like tendrils - I quite like the effect - hope you do too! A bit of ribbon, a few gems and my sentiment and I'd finished. I really like this sketch - it was easy to follow yet makes a great layout without being too cluttered - I'll definately use it again when knocking out another batch of Christmas cards!
Good luck with the blog hop everyone!
Best wishes Karen x

8 comments:

  1. Love this ohh soo cute image, these mice are determind their friend enjoys himself..wether he wants to or not..LOL nice colour combo, great take on the sketch & chall..thanks for sharing & joining us on our 2nd.anna.HM & F Monday chall.

    smiles Christine xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen
    aww a gorgeous card, super cute image, great colouring, beautiful papers, thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... Karen. This is so cute.

    I love your image and you have chosen the perfect papers to go alongside.

    Simply gorgeous! Love it.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I love how they are tryng to set his hat straight! Beautiful papers and your coloring to match is spot on! Lucky recipient during the holidays!!! Thanks for joining the fun this challenge and Blog Hop at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Take Care
    Sue Drees

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say...this is just the cutest! Okay, I am partial to Christmas cards so I am just lovin' this! Thanks for sharing with us at HM&F's Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, fabulous card, love the cute image and great colouring. Your little poinsettias are so cute!!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at House Mouse & friends,
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Karen and what a great idea about the tendrils, I always cut them off but will definitely try to remember to leave them on in future, thanks for the tip!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card! Thanks for joining the HM&F Celebration Blog hop and Challenge!

    ReplyDelete