Wednesday 12 January 2011

For King and Country




Hello Everyone!

I've been continuing my family history layouts - this time with one of my great grandfather. I gained inspiration from the Friday Sketch Challenge on the Bo Bunny blog and am really pleased with the results. I used Bo Bunny's Cambridge papers , cut elements from the sheets, distressed them or mounted them on gold embossed card. I threaded twine through one of the border strips and added a Tim Holtz 'journey' tag to give the effect of a medal. I know very little about my great grandfather's military career as this period of his life is next on my long list of things to research but for the time being I hope I've given a good military feel to the layout. I love the regal colours and Bo Bunny's papers are always fab to work with.

Thanks for looking - the pic is not ideal as the light in the evening on these dark and rainy nights is not great for photography - roll on summer and the light nights again!
I'd love to hear about anyone elses family history layouts!
Best wishes
Karen x

1 comment: