Monday 21 February 2011

Thirties Wedded Bliss!

In December, when I was lucky enough to become a runner up in Scrapbooker of the Year 2010 for Scrapbook Magazine, I promised to share some of my layouts with you and so far have only shared one! So now I hope to remedy that and inbetween my card challenges I will start to post more examples of my favourite craft - scrapbooking!

This layout is of my grandparents wedding in the 1930s. I thought the Graphic 45 Le Romantique papers would be ideal for this as some of the images of the brides mimic the style of wedding dress worn by my grandmother. This collection is ideal for lots of fussy cutting out and layering. I chose a leathery look burgundy/brown background paper for a slightly vintage look which is imprinted with roses and then added a large piece of peach lace to again compliment the
wedding theme and give me a base to work on. I added a little journalling spot which I made by using a Papermania Chatworth collection journalling spot that I aged with distress ink. It was also the perfect layout to add pearl beads and a little bling which I coloured a peachy colour with my Pro Markers.
Hope you like it as much as I enjoyed creating it.
Best wishes and bye for now
Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment