Monday 21 March 2011

Musical Duo


Evening All!
Tonight I'd like to share another of my family history pics. This time from a musical branch of ancestors which is quite a novelty as there are hardly any with musical ability amongst us!! I used the lovely Mama Razzi papers from Bo Bunny along with a musical themed piece from 7 Gypsies where I tore and inked the edges with Distress Inks in walnut stain and slotted it behind the pattern on the Bo Bunny paper - I like the effect! The journalling card which I also inked and musical twill are also 7 Gypsies whilst the little flower embellishments are wooden but I'm afraid I'm not sure who makes them. The metal embellishment says 'Life is Treasured By Moments' and is hung from a little brass buckle.
The fabric letters I stamped lightly before sticking them onto gold card to create a title and threaded them onto string to make a banner. I love the colour scheme of this layout and hope you enjoy it too! I plan to enter it in the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which this week is to 'show a word' - of which mine is 'musical'.
Thanks for looking.
Bye for now
Karen x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen. I truly love your entry into our Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week! I'm not a musical person...but your project makes me wish I was! I love the colors, the little banner across the top, the images you used...well, it's just lovely. Thanks for joining us at the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely!!
    Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. Love all the detail/embellies.

    ReplyDelete