Sunday 6 November 2011

Friendship in Bloom



Afternoon Everyone!
Today I thought I'd make a shaped card and found Romy Veul's great sketch challenge over at Bo Bunny's Card Challenge Tuesday. I love this shape and will definitely use it again. Unfortunately, my photography skills were not too good and the angle I took it at makes the card look wonky but honestly, its not! I'm just a bad photographer today ha! ha!
Anyway, I used Bo Bunny's bright and cheerful Vicki B line - the citrus-y colours of orange and lime green work so well with the browns. I layered the card with some of the pages from the Noteworthy pad and cut flowers from the paper to make my own embellishments where I added flower shaped green gems to highlight the centres. I made a focal point of the 'Friendship in Bloom' sticker by mounting it on a decorative flourish cut with my Spellbinders die, added two more sticker sentiments from the collection and finished it off with a border of tiny pearls - which look a little like rivets (great for a steampunk themed card) - using my Bronze Pearl Pen.
I hope you like this little shaped card - why not have a go yourself and join in the challenge.
Thanks for looking.
Best wishes
Karen x

1 comment:

  1. Aww, thank you so much for your super sweet comment on my blog! You just made me blush, blush and blush:) Your card turned out absolutely gorgeous! I love how you used my sketch and these bright papers. I bet this card will brighten your friend's day:)

    ReplyDelete