Tuesday 6 December 2011

Hats Off!




Hi All.
Back again to show you a card I made using the Joanna Sheen 'Faye Whittaker' CD which is a gorgeous collection of images by the artist featuring Edwardian style scenes mainly of children. For something different I tried to mimic the Edwardian hats in the images and create my own on an easel card. I did this by making a large concertina'd rosette and layering it up with lace, mirri card and finally an image from the CD. I finished it off with a little beach scene inside as an insert.
I'm quite chuffed with how it turned out so would like to enter it into the Allsorts Challenge which is to make a 'circular project'.
Hope you feel inspired to have a go at something similar! Think I'll have to knock out a matching box - or hat box - ha! ha! to pop this latest creation into!
Best wishes and bye for now
Karen x

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely lovely, I have some of these images as stamps and really enjoy using them.

    Thank you so much for joining in at Allsorts Challenge this week and good luck.

    Your card would also fit the theme at our sister challenge Penny Black and More

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Karen! Such a lovely nostalgic image.
    xx

    ReplyDelete