Friday 21 December 2012

Poinsettia Pals Saturday Sketch December 2012 #3

Evening Everyone! Recently, my friend and I went to our local garden centre for a coffee, to look at the new Christmas decoratios and, of course, to visit the onsite craft shop. During our visit we treated ourselves to some of the lovely Kaisercraft Turtledove collection. As a result I've been busy making cards and layouts and this layout is one I made to commemorate our trip and our friendship.
The sketch I've followed and would like to enter it into is Kaisercraft's Saturday Sketch December 2012 #3. Everything used is a Kaisercraft product - including the lovely flat back pearls - the only addition is the base paper which is an embossed pearlesant 12x12 coffee coloured piece of cardstock. I've also added twill ribbon and Card Candi , and mounted various pieces on foam tape to add dimension - it is such a dark and rainy evening here tonight so my photography is not great but I wanted to post this before the 'Christmas rush' begins! At the garden centre were rows and rows of poinsettias so I've tried to include a flowery feel not only in the Turtledove sticker but also in the border punched edge and also the die cut flower sprigs.(Martha Stewart punch and Memory Box Honey Blossom die.) This is a really beautiful collection with rich muted colours and fab Christmassy images. I'm hooked - so you may be seeing a few more of my creations using these papers in my forthcoming posts! Anyway, hope you like it! Bye for now Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment