Saturday 29 December 2012

Scrapology Recycling!

Morning Everyone! Over on the Scrapology blog this month the challenge is to make a card using recycled or natural items.
I decided to raid my Christmas present wrappings for inspiration and go with a natural theme in green and brown colours. First I used some of the paper that had wrapped breakable items and made a flower - spritzing each layer with glimmer mists before adding a brad to hold them all together before finishing with a blob of Stickles for the centre. One flower is nice but two are better so I created a second flower in the same way using some old book pages from a paperback that I had ready for the charity bag.(see close up.)
The background used a layer of gold wrapping paper to matt my canvas print paper before I added a piece of bubble wrap that I had coloured using alcohol inks. One of my parcels was wrapped in brown paper and twine type string so I used the brown paper to create leaves - coloured with Distress inks - and the twine to add a border and to attach my sentiment.I also punched a branch border to go with the natural theme from my gold wrapping paper. Hope you like my take on this fun challenge - why not pop over to the blog and join in - it runs until the 15th of January so you have plenty of time to get your thinking caps on and you could win this fab prize!
Bye for now Karen x

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, thanks for taking part in our Scrapology Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a lot of work has gone into this card.
    It's beautiful :)

    Thanks for taking part in our challenge at Scrapology.
    Linda
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piękna praca, wspaniała kolorystyka, cudne kwiaty:))

    ReplyDelete