Sunday 20 January 2013

Sunflower Sensation

I recently found the Sarah's Cards blog and the challenge this month was to create a layout following the sketch below.
Here is my take on the sketch using a photo I took in June 2011 of a fabulous field of sunflowers whilst on holiday in France. I love the vibrant, summery colours in this photo so teamed it with some Country Garden Bo Bunny papers.
I added some secret journalling on a pull out tag behind the photo and a title using some lovely yellow glittery Thickers. I created a little bit of interest with an EK Success punch and my own sunflower style embellishment with an inked paper flower and Bo Bunny brad, which I changed the colour of from silver to gold using alcohol inks. Finally, I finished the edges of the papers with a border of Stickles.
Anyway, hope you like my layout and it makes you feel a little bit summery in this winter weather we're having! Thanks for looking and bye for now Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment