Sunday 14 April 2013

Shabby Chic

Hi All!
I recently discovered Justrite stamps after catching one of the programs featuring them on Create and Craft. The first set I bought was 'Kindness' which fits in with the Spellbinders Labels 20 dies and then last week I bought the Shabby Labels which fit in with Labels 4.
JRSketch94


There is lots of inspiration over on the fabulous Justrite website and their challenge this month is a sketch which I decided to have a go at. As I don't yet have a background stamp, I made my own background using one of the flourishes from the Kindness set using Peeled Paint Distress ink and Gold Brilliance ink. I used the Shabby Label as my focal image and coloured it with my Promarkers before inking the edges through the Spellbinders die. I then made a panel in the centre - cut with a Martha Stewart Cherish punch-  and added ribbon and flower to finish.

Inside I created a similar layout, stamping an area for a sentiment or message and embellished it with another of the images from the Shabby Labels set.

I hope you like my card. Why not pop over to the Justrite Friday Challenge and join in!

Thanks for looking.
Best wishes
Karen x

5 comments:

  1. Hi Karen!

    Fabulous card inside and out! Really like your homemade background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you created you own designer paper! Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo pretty and very creative!!! I totally remember when I had 1 tiny set and first started doing their challenges -- not near as nice as yours, I assure you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be careful, the JustRite stamps and matching Spellbinders are like chocolates, you can't just have one !! Your card is so pretty, the background looks great !

    ReplyDelete