Thursday 9 January 2014

Welcoming the New Year

Afternoon Everyone!
Today, I decided to make an easel card as I've not made one for a long time. I dug out one of my fab Penny Black stamps feature one of the cats and a mouse celebrating with a bottle of champagne. I coloured it in using my Twinkling H2Os and added a little shimmer with my gel pen.


I wanted to make the card quite bright and jolly so used Echo Park's lovely 'Off the Record' papers matted onto black card stock. I added a strip of red stripy washi tape along the card fold for decoration, added an XCut punched border, red gems, and a Lili of the Valley stamped sentiment.


This image is great for all kinds of celebrations - so I'd like to enter the card in the following challenges:
Penny Black Saturday - 'New' (New Year)
Ali-Craft - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes 'New' (New Year)
Crafty Creations - A Card featuring 'Something to Drink'

Hope you like my card!
Back soon
Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment