Monday, 17 February 2014

Sweet Blossom

Hi All!
Back today with my latest card using a lovely stamp image from Sylvia Zet's 'Wee Stamps' called 'Sweet Blossom'. I coloured this little fairy and her pet mouse (at least I think it's a mouse!) in with my Promarkers  and tried to get a soft feel to the colour scheme.

The papers I used were from Kaisercraft's 'Sweet Admirer' collection. I cut into one sheet and rearranged the flower pattern where I wanted it to be and then stuck it back together and layered it up on  pinky peach, white and silver card.


For embellishment I added lace, a heart shaped charm and some punched flowers with pearl centres. I decided on a general 'love' theme that could apply to a female family member or simply to a friend, and cut the word 'love' from the papers, layering it up and adding Glossy Accents. I then used a similar sentiment to decorate inside.


A Sylvia Zet fairy stamp would not be complete without a bit of Stickles so I added that too!

Anyway, hope you like my card. I'd like to enter it in the following challenges:
Graph It - Floral/Love
Sparkles Monthly - Ribbon/Lace, Hearts and Pearls (I used lace, pearls and a heart charm)
Whimsy Challenge - Love is in the Air
Passion for Promarkers - Have a Heart (Heart charm and love theme)
Papertake Weekly - With a Heart

Thanks for looking!
Bye for now
Karen x

6 comments:

  1. So gorgeous Karen.beautiful pretty paper and colours and i love the sweet image.
    Thanks so much for joining us at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is such a pretty card, Thanks for joining in with us this week at Graph'It colour challenge.
    Good Luck Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card, I admire your colouring too. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet & pretty! And perfect for our love/floral theme at Graph It Colouring challenge. Thanks for joining us. Take care Zo xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous, Thanks for playing along with us at Graph'It Colour Challenge, Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card Karen, I love how you "cut and shut" the paper to make it what you wanted!! Beautiful, soft colouring and I love all the little details. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at Sparkles this month, hope to see you again.

    Hugs
    Brenda
    Sparkles DT

    ReplyDelete