Monday 17 February 2014

Sweet Blossom

Hi All!
Back today with my latest card using a lovely stamp image from Sylvia Zet's 'Wee Stamps' called 'Sweet Blossom'. I coloured this little fairy and her pet mouse (at least I think it's a mouse!) in with my Promarkers  and tried to get a soft feel to the colour scheme.

The papers I used were from Kaisercraft's 'Sweet Admirer' collection. I cut into one sheet and rearranged the flower pattern where I wanted it to be and then stuck it back together and layered it up on  pinky peach, white and silver card.


For embellishment I added lace, a heart shaped charm and some punched flowers with pearl centres. I decided on a general 'love' theme that could apply to a female family member or simply to a friend, and cut the word 'love' from the papers, layering it up and adding Glossy Accents. I then used a similar sentiment to decorate inside.


A Sylvia Zet fairy stamp would not be complete without a bit of Stickles so I added that too!

Anyway, hope you like my card. I'd like to enter it in the following challenges:
Graph It - Floral/Love
Sparkles Monthly - Ribbon/Lace, Hearts and Pearls (I used lace, pearls and a heart charm)
Whimsy Challenge - Love is in the Air
Passion for Promarkers - Have a Heart (Heart charm and love theme)
Papertake Weekly - With a Heart

Thanks for looking!
Bye for now
Karen x

5 comments:

  1. So gorgeous Karen.beautiful pretty paper and colours and i love the sweet image.
    Thanks so much for joining us at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is such a pretty card, Thanks for joining in with us this week at Graph'It colour challenge.
    Good Luck Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card, I admire your colouring too. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet & pretty! And perfect for our love/floral theme at Graph It Colouring challenge. Thanks for joining us. Take care Zo xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card Karen, I love how you "cut and shut" the paper to make it what you wanted!! Beautiful, soft colouring and I love all the little details. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at Sparkles this month, hope to see you again.

    Hugs
    Brenda
    Sparkles DT

    ReplyDelete