Tuesday 13 May 2014

Blue Butterfly

Evening Everyone!
Just thought I'd pop by and share a card I made using one of the fab images on the latest Spectrum Noir DVD of a butterfly. The original image also features on the 'Essentials' tin of Spectrum Noir pencils in an orange and yellow colour scheme, but for my version I decided on blue tones.

The Spectrum pencils from Crafter's Companion are fantastic and I cannot recommend them enough. For this card I used the following colours:
 1, 064, 065, 066, 067, 068, 069, 071, 086, 089, 094, 096,
 045, 047, 056, 075, 076, 077, 078, 112, 116, 120

I went for a simple card layout to show off the image, layering it up on black card, then silver mirror card before embossing some turquoise card with the Darice Honeycomb Embossing Folder. I added a border created with the Die'sire Lace Border 9 and finished it with gingham ribbon, turquoise gems and a little bit of Crystal Stickles and a sentiment.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Crafty Little Fairies - In the Garden

Anyhoo...hope you like it and that you give the pencils a go - you will not be disappointed!
Best wishes and bye for now
Karen x

2 comments:

  1. This is stunningly beautiful. I love how you've coloured the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card.
    Thank you for joining this months challenge at Crafty Little Fairies.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete